Welcome back. I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend.
I will be in Washington DC over the next few days, at TEDMED, so am not sure if and when I will be able to do the nightly links - but I'll try my best. I have scheduled in advance a lot of posts for the Guest Blog, Expeditions, The SA Incubator and more, so my absence will be inconspicuous, I hope.
As it is Monday, here is the brand new Image of the Week.
- Richard Woytowich - How did Titanic really break up?
- Gennady Gorelik - How the Modern Physics was invented in the 17th century, part 2: source of fundamental laws and How the Modern Physics was invented in the 17th century, part 3: Why Galileo didn’t discover universal gravitation?
- Maria Konnikova - Hunters of Myths: Why Our Brains Love Origins
- Jason G. Goldman - Hyenas Give Up Eating Garbage for Lent, Hunt Donkeys Instead
- Scicurious - Unhand that burger! It’ll only make you depressed.
- Dana Hunter - A Landscape in a Hand Sample: “Of Fire”
- Glendon Mellow - Star Map by Diana Sudyka
- Darren Naish - Ryan et al.’s New Perspectives on Horned Dinosaurs: a review
- Wayne Maddison - Spiders in Borneo: Lambir Hills
- John Horgan - Will This Post Make Sam Harris Change His Mind About Free Will?
- Philip Yam - When Science and Politics Mix: Fang Lizhi (1936–2012)