1. Drunk walking contains a bigger risk factor than you might think. The journal of Injury Prevention cites January 1 with the high incident rates of pedestrian-motor vehicle crashes (PDF). Give the feet a rest -- take a cab.
2. Champagne bubbles follow a science! Listen to the SciAm podcast and check out an explainer video:
3. A frightening portrait -- what you think you look like drinking vs. what you actually look like drinking:
4. The biology of a hangover: your body needs its water supply!
5. Why mixing drinks gives you a worse hangover: