The editors at 3 Quarks Daily have made their decisions and somehow chose ME as one of their nine finalists.
I've got some very stiff competition - no surprise of course, as these are some of the best science writers on the web, and some of the very people I try to emulate! Thanks to everyone who nominated me, everyone who voted, and the editors at 3QD. Now, it's all up to Richard Dawkins.
Here are links to all nine finalists:
- Cosmic Variance: Free Energy and the Meaning of Life
- My Growing Passion: The Evolution of Chloroplasts
- Not Exactly Rocket Science: Gut bacteria in Japanese people borrowed digesting genes from ocean bacteria
- Observations of a Nerd: Evolution: The Curious Case of Dogs
- Scientific Blogging: MSL: Mars Action Hero
- The Loom: Skullcaps and Genomes
- The Primate Diaries: Chimpanzees Prefer Fair Play to Reaping an Unjust Reward
- The Thoughtful Animal: Does oral sex confer an evolutionary advantage? Evidence from bats
- Why Evolution Is True: The Evolutionary Calculus of Depression
The three winners will be announced on June 21.
As far as I'm concerned, the fact that Richard Dawkins will read something I wrote is already a gigantic WIN.