You have probably noticed that the big event of the day at the network was the Food Passion Day, and I hope you take some time to read some or many or most or all of those posts.
You may also have noticed on the right sidebar that we have a new Video Of The Week.
And not everything today was about food and agriculture. Here are some posts on other subjects - food for the mind, not just the body:
- Bora Zivkovic - Weekly Highlights #4 – Amber Williams
- Alex Wild - Thrifty Thursday: The Magic DNA Machine
- George Musser - Could Hackers Break Into Your Electric Meter?
- S.E. Gould - The good and the evil of antibiotics.
- Davide Castelvecchi - Fox Commentator Distorts Physics
- Michelle Clement - Links – August 11, 2011 #SciAmBlogs Food Day edition.
If you like any of the posts by our bloggers and if you think the posts can be easily edited and formatted for print, submit them for the next edition of The Open Laboratory.
Conversations on our articles and blog posts often continue on our Facebook page - "Like" it and join in the discussion.