Several posts from our network bloggers, several Guest Blog posts, and one SciAm article have been nominated for the 3 Quarks Daily prize, which is quite a big deal in the science blogosphere. See all the nominated posts here, choose one and then vote here.
Earlier today we hosted a new Fast Chat - Zombies and the Chemistry of "Bath Salts," with SA Blogger Cassie Rodenberg. Transcript soon...
And, being Wednesday, we are serving you a brand new Video of the Week for your enjoynment!
- Daisy Yuhas and Ferris Jabr - Know Your Neurons: What is the Ratio of Glia to Neurons in the Brain?
- David Bressan - The Birth of the Dolomites – Beautiful Mountains born out of the Sea
- Maria Konnikova - If we remember more, can we read deeper–and create better? Part II.
- Christie Wilcox - AI Takes Baby Steps: RoboBaby Learns Words
- Cassie Rodenberg - Are Urban Drug Dealers as Supernatural as Vampires and Aliens?
- Kaitlin Mogentale and Nicole Matthews - USC Dornsife Scientific Diving: An Interview with Karl Huggins
- Kalliopi Monoyios - Communicating Science: What’s Your Problem?
- Ingrid Wickelgren - Star Filmmakers Found in Unlikely Spot
- Charles Q. Choi - Worth Pitching? Why Did A Meditation Story Get Repeatedly Rejected?
- Alex Wild - Ant Science in Brazil: A Photo Essay
- DNLee - Wordless Wednesday: Amazing Blazing Star
- Scicurious - More on Science Communication: a sort of kind of carnival
- John Matson - Funding for Big Astronomy Ventures Could Hurt Smaller Projects
- Katherine Harmon - Saturated Fats Change Gut Bacteria–and May Raise Risk for Inflammatory Bowel Disease