As I will be traveling tomorrow, there will be no evening summary tomorrow - check the homepage or feeds anyway, and I'll try to be back online on Thursday. Also, due to travel, we decided to rush one day and choose the new Video Of The Week - check it out.
New on the blogs today? Lots of good stuff. See for yourself:
- Davide Castelvecchi - The Lede Desk: Fighting the Scourge of Boring Writing
- Darren Naish - Inside Nature’s Giants… series 3! Camel!!
- Scicurious - Muscle fatigue may be all in your head
- Richard Krawiec - The Bearable Closeness of Being: Why Cities Create Community
- S.E. Gould - Air-Microbe, how bacteria fly around the world
- Bora Zivkovic - Introducing #SciAmBlogs bloggers: Christina Agapakis
- Cassie Rodenberg - Addiction in film: what’s wrong with this picture?
- Jason G. Goldman - Editor’s Selections: Front Lawns, Running, and Synesthesia
- Princess Ojiaku - Hart’s Science of Sound, Frequency, and Pitch
- Katrina Edwards - Introducing Expedition 336 at North Pond
- Lucas Brouwers - A long, lost relative of ticks pops up again
- John R. Platt - Newly Discovered Hawaiian Bird Could Already Be Extinct
- Christie Wilcox - Observations: Tuna
- Janet D. Stemwedel - Scientific credibility: is it who you are, or how you do it?
- Christine Ottery - Storify: tar sands protests
If you like any of the posts by our bloggers and if you think the posts can be easily edited and formatted for print, submit them for the next edition of The Open Laboratory.
Conversations on our articles and blog posts often continue on our Facebook page - "Like" it and join in the discussion.