Welcome back. As is usually the case on Mondays, we have a new Image of the Week - enjoy!
And if you are in this city, join us for a variety of scienc-ey community events: Science events in New York City this week.
- DNLee - Black History Month: Celebrating Blacks in Science, Promoting Diversity in STEM and A Hip Hop Maven Mourns – Whitney Houston dead at age 48 and Charles Henry Turner, Animal Behavior Scientist
- S.E. Gould - How the TB bacteria bursts your cells
- David Bressan - Darwin the Geologist
- Christie Wilcox - Darwin’s Degenerates – Evolution’s Finest
- Scicurious - Minding your Interactions to Mind your Inflammation
- Kate Clancy - There Will Be Blood: Follow Up to Skeptically Speaking Podcast
- Caleb A. Scharf - Walk Tall, but Please Tread Softly, SpaceX
- John Horgan - Education Isn’t Helping Americans Overcome Deepening Inequality
- Kalliopi Monoyios - Science-Art Interviews: Heather Knight
- Melissa C. Lott - U.S. Natural Gas – Spot Price Low, Inventory High
- Amy Maxmen - The Illegal Teeny Turtle Trade
- Bora Zivkovic - Weekly Highlights #15 – UC-Santa Cruz students
- John Matson - Obama Administration Proposes Big Cuts to NASA’s Mars Programs