- Jason G. Goldman - What Do Hurricanes Mean For Dolphins?
- Janet D. Stemwedel - Getting scientists to take ethics seriously: strategies that are probably doomed to failure. and Science, priorities, and the challenges of sharing a world. and Safety in academic chemistry labs (with some thoughts on incentives).
- Alex Wild - The Art of the Science Caption
- Kate Clancy - Building Babies now available online
- Khalil A. Cassimally - Khalil’s Picks (31 August 2012)
- Christine Gorman - Can the US Achieve Energy Independence by 2020?