Welcome back from the weekend. If you did not check our site, you missed a lot of good stuff over the weekend as well as earlier today, so here is a collection of links to make it easier to check all the posts out. Get some coffee, kick back and enjoy.
We have a new Image Of The Week - Cleaning up Lascaux paintings - which you will keep seeing on the right side-bar over the next seven days.
On the blogs:
- Herbert Terrace - Project Nim – The Untold Story
- Bora Zivkovic - BIO101 – Protein Synthesis: Transcription and Translation
- R. Douglas Fields - Genius across Cultures and the ‘Google Brain’
- Hannah Waters - Lazy Sunday Video: An epic tour of life’s history
- Jason G. Goldman - Sunday Photoblogging: City of Angels
- Caleb A. Scharf - Pitch Black: The (almost) dark truth about hot Jupiters
- Bora Zivkovic - Open Laboratory 2011 - submissions so far
- Ben Good - Has Science Gone Viral?
- Krystal D'Costa - Does Your Beer Glass Matter?
- John Horgan - Is David Deutsch’s Vision of Endless Understanding Delusional?
- Alex Wild - Reader Photo: The Python’s Shape
- George Musser - Can You Really Get Solar Panels Installed for Free?
- Ben Lillie - What is: The Story Collider
- Carin Bondar - Attention Science Filmmakers: What are you Waiting For?
If you like any of the posts by our bloggers and if you think the posts can be easily edited and formatted for print, submit them for the next edition of The Open Laboratory.
Conversations on our articles and blog posts often continue on our Facebook page - "Like" it and join in the discussion.