Lots of ways our brains and senses trick us into making bad decisions, or so it seems...
- Bora Zivkovic - Introducing #SciAmBlogs bloggers: James Byrne
- Krystal D'Costa - Editor’s Selections: Yawning and Immigrants in Rome
- Eric Michael Johnson - Commodity Traitors: New study reveals that financial speculation is fueling global insecurity
- Samuel McNerney - Cognitive Biases in Sports: The Irrationality of Coaches, Commentators and Fans
- Glendon Mellow - Sequencing art: Lynn Fellman’s paleogenomic slideshow
- Anna Kuchment - A Biology Teacher’s Ode to Sir David Attenborough
- John R. Platt - Tunnels and Bridges Could Help Save Koalas from Extinction
- David Wogan - This weekend: Texas Tribune Festival coverage
If you like any of the posts by our bloggers and if you think the posts can be easily edited and formatted for print, submit them for the next edition of The Open Laboratory.
Conversations on our articles and blog posts often continue on our Facebook page - "Like" it and join in the discussion.