Symbiartic

Symbiartic

The art of science and the science of art.
Symbiartic HomeAboutContact

A Fleeting Molecular Kiss

Best viewed at 1080p

In addition to creating science-art and blogging here on Symbiartic, I work at INVIVO Communications in QA and social media. One of the absolute treats in my day to day job is getting to watch gorgeous 3D animation about health, pharmaceutical mechanisms of action and medical devices. It’s exciting to watch these projects take shape and with this latest Medical Animation Reel, I get to share with our readers.

The animation team here are incredibly skilled, most from one of the few biomedical communications programs in North America. It can be difficult to walk back to my desk without peering over shoulders to see what animation is coming next. At INVIVO, we make everything in digital health from apps to augmented reality, and animation is an integral part of our work.

This animation reel was pulled together from over 80 animation sequences, and narrowed down to the 22 you see here. In the INVIVO blog post about it, you are invited to:

“Come with us into a strange yet mesmerizing world, more complex and beautiful than anything you could imagine.  Where proteins ricochet, repel and embrace, surface receptors discharge their signals down into the murky nucleus within, fate determined by a fleeting molecular kiss.”

_____________

Find out more about INVIVO:

Glendon Mellow About the Author: Glendon Mellow is a fine artist, illustrator and tattoo designer working in oil and digital media based in Toronto, Canada. He tweets @FlyingTrilobite. You can see Glendon's work-in-progress at The Flying Trilobite blog and portfolio at www.glendonmellow.com. Follow on Twitter @symbiartic.

1. 1. Mendrys 1:31 am 04/29/2014

Nice advertisement for Invivo. Did they pay for this?

2. 2. DebbieIrwin 11:15 am 04/29/2014

Beautiful work, which is what one can expect from INVIVO.
    Thanks for sharing!

3. 3. Glendon Mellow 1:04 pm 04/29/2014

Mendrys: There is a gigantic world of science-art of all kinds out there, and each month our posts are overwhelmingly positive, with only a few critiques. There’s a lot of good stuff, so we don’t need to dwell on the poorly done work.

No: INVIVO did not pay for this. I was up front in the post about working for that company. There is no pressure from my INVIVO bosses to post on Symbiartic. They do not review the post before it goes live.

When I returned to full-time work after being a stay at home dad + freelancer, INVIVO was one of the top 2 companies I applied to because I was already a fan of their work. So I am showing it here because I think it looks amazing.

4. 4. Glendon Mellow 1:04 pm 04/29/2014

Thank you Debbie!

5. 5. hkraznodar 4:38 pm 05/8/2014

Why did I not stumble upon this sooner?

@Mendrys: This is a blog post and not a regular article. Glendon can post anything he wants here within reasonable limits. Just be glad he didn’t choose to post an animation of the gooey dynamics of a nose picking session. (It involves fluid and solid matter and thus is probably very involved.)

6. 6. Glendon Mellow 5:13 pm 05/8/2014