- William Skaggs – How Could We Recognize Pain in an Octopus?
- Jag Bhalla – Is Money Like Food?
- Markus Pössel – Applied Purity
- Beatrice Lugger – The Thrill of Pure Thought and Abstraction
- Kathleen Raven – Tannosomes and the trickle-around effect
- Scicurious – IgNobels 2013! Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.
- Caleb A. Scharf – The Moon Is Not Black And White, It Just Looks That Way
- John R. Platt – Banned Pesticide DDT Is Still Killing California Condors
- Melissa C. Lott – Photo Friday: Energy on the horizon, A foggy German morning
- Felicity Muth – The world at night – blacklighting: how it works and some amazing photos
- Katie McKissick – Piled High and Deeper
- Khalil A. Cassimally – Khalil’s Picks (20 September 2013)
- John Horgan – Did Antidepressant Play a Role in Navy Yard Massacre?
- Dina Fine Maron – EPA Challenges Coal Industry to Adopt New Technology
- Barbara Kiser – Book Reviews: Smart Implants, Ultralight Aerogels and Other Innovations
Conversations on our articles and blog posts often continue on our Facebook page – “Like” it and join in the discussion. You can also put our official Google Plus page in your circles and check out our Pinterest page.