I am back, so evening summaries are back as well.
- Nathaniel Comfort – Is Individuality the Savior of Eugenics?
- Tim Lahey – Should We Abide by a Suicidal Patient’s Wishes?
- Maria Thompson – A “Nobel” Cause
- Bob Grumman – M@h*(pOet)?ica – PlayDay, Part One
- Clayton Aldern – Mnemodystopia: A Little Context
- Julie Hecht – Drinking: An Acrobatic Tongue Act
- Scicurious – Optogenetics: Light my Fire? Or Totally Lame?
- Felicity Muth – Crickets dance differently with an audience
- Scott Barry Kaufman – 23 Signs You’re Secretly a Narcissist Masquerading as a Sensitive Introvert and IQ Test Controversies Persist
- Darren Naish – Because caecilians are important
- Jennifer Frazer – Wonderful Things: The Hidden Beauty of the Horse Dung Fungus
- Bonnie Swoger – Citing data (without tearing your hair out)
- Scott Huler – 6 things about solar PV, from one who actually knows
- Jennifer Muller – Arctic Methane: Flight Monday 19th AM/PM: Going home…
- David Bressan – August 21, 1986: The Lake Nyos Catastrophe
- Katie McKissick – What Vaccine Campaigns Can Learn from the Gay Rights Movement
- Kalliopi Monoyios – We’re All Minorities Compared To These Manhattan Residents
- Jamil Zaki – Empathy as a choice 3: “Growing” empathy
- Caleb A. Scharf – Earth Waves To Saturn: The Pictures
- Susana Martinez-Conde and Stephen L. Macknik – The Anniversary of Neil Armstrong’s Death: An Illusion Tribute and Feeling Persecuted? You May Be Delusional. and Illusion of the Week: A Hidden Message for Children
- Joanne Manaster – A Chat with Biologist Edward O. Wilson on SciAm’s 168th Anniversary
- Dana Hunter – Drooling Now. Could Someone Please Bring Me a Napkin?
- Khalil A. Cassimally – Khalil’s Picks (23 August 2013)
- Jason G. Goldman – Photoblogging: Perfectly Framed Wallaby
- Kyle Hill – Nerds and Words: Week 34
- Michael Moyer – Wormholes May Save Physics From Black Hole Infernos
- Christine Gorman – Does My BMI Make Me Look Fat?
Conversations on our articles and blog posts often continue on our Facebook page – “Like” it and join in the discussion. You can also put our official Google Plus page in your circles and check out our Pinterest page.
|Previous: #SciAmBlogs Tuesday – Empathetic Mapping, Psychology of Freedom, Correlation Is Not Causation, Metric System, Quetzalcoatlus, Whistleblowing, Jumping Caterpillar, and more.||Next: #SciAmBlogs Tuesday – D-Wave, brain-eating amoeba, sexting, giant water bug, squid tentacle, nuclear waste, and more.|
Give a 1 year subscription as low as $14.99X