- Elaine Schattner – Hillary Clinton, Hospitalized with a Blood Clot, Faces New Decisions
- Christie Wilcox – Expensive Organs: Guppies Reveal The Cost Of Big Brains and Science Sushi: 2012 in Review
- Jennifer Frazer – Take This Shell and Shove It: The Mollusk That Became a Worm
- Hannah Waters – Don’t Talk About Your New Year’s Resolutions
- Hadas Shema – What’s wrong with citation analysis?
- Maria Konnikova – Sherlock Holmes, the mindful detective
- Ingrid Wickelgren and Maria Konnikova – How to Think Like Sherlock Holmes: The Value of Creativity and Imagination [Excerpt]
- Cassie Rodenberg – Addiction on the Streets: Frequently Asked Questions and Neecy: The Attitude Toward Relapse on the Streets
- Katherine Harmon – Octopuses Feast On Florida’s Stone Crab Straight from Traps
- Kate Clancy – Will the Pill Mess Up My Ability to Detect My One True Love?
- Alex Wild – Compound Eye Readers’ Best Science and Nature Photographs of 2012 and My personal best photographs of 2012 and Recipe for a Photograph #1: Reflected Ant on Black and Thrifty Thursday: Pro Photographer vs. Buzz Lightyear Camera
- Carin Bondar – Always a Bridesmaid: The Top 5 Overshadowed Science Stories of 2012
- John R. Platt – Fewer Manatee Deaths in 2012, but Threats Remain
- Jennifer Ouellette – Pop Goes the New Year: Popover Science
- David Wogan – How North Korea Fuels Its Military Trucks With Trees
- Caleb A. Scharf – So You’re a Scientist Wanting to Write a Popular Science Book?
- Khalil A. Cassimally – Khalil’s Picks (4 January 2013)
- Psi Wavefunction – Bicosoeca — flagellate in a wineglass
- Kevin Zelnio – Moving On
- Scicurious – Friday Weird Science: Give your kindle that old-book smell! and Happy New Years!!!
- John Matson – Top 10 Space Stories of 2012
- Larry Greenemeier – Consumer Electronics Show (CES) Preview: Apps Replace Operating Systems
- Katherine Harmon – Did Human Ancestors “Walk” Up Trees? [Video] and How Corn Syrup Might Be Making Us Hungry–and Fat and Growth Factor: How Bacterial Infections Persist Through Antibiotics [Video] and DUD: The Nightmarish Dangers of Drowsy Driving
Get 6 bi-monthly digital issues
+ 1yr of archive access for just $9.99