December 28, 2013 | 38
Judging from the discarded boxes, the shredded gift paper, the frozen sidewalks, and the pile of new calendars, we must have arrived at the end of the year. Even the cats seem a bit worn. Here at Compound Eye global headquarters, we are drinking coffee and reviewing our photographs from the year. We are also aware that many of you have been curating your own lists, and we’d like to help you broadcast your work.
If you are a science or nature photographer and have made a Best-Of-2013 gallery of your own images, blogged your best effort, facebooked your favorites, or otherwise reported your prime captures in an online medium, share your link in the comments below!
Alternately, if Sci Am’s comment system is giving you trouble, you may email your link to alwild -at- myrmecos.net with “Sci Am 2013 Best” in the subject line.
The rules are as follows:
1. The subject matter must cover a science/nature theme.
2. The work must be your own.
3. The content must be hosted publicly online – lone photos emailed to me won’t be considered.
4. The content should be collected as a single “best-of” synopsis; examples- a flickr “My top photos of 2013″ gallery, or single blog post. I will not link general websites.
5. You permit me to post a 600 pixel-width copy of one of your photographs in the resulting post on Compound Eye. The photo will be credited and linked, of course.
Once a list has accrued I will curate your links in a new post. For way of comparison, here is the 2012 selection. I know many of you are brimming with talent- I am excited to see your best!
Give a 1 year subscription as low as $14.99X